A Vibrating Fork

Posted by Josie | 10:24 AM | 6 comments »

Yes, you read it right.

The newest item in the weight loss world is the vibrating fork. It’s called the HAPIfork, although anyone trying to use it might consider it the UNHAPIfork. The price, $99.99, with free super saver shipping on Amazon.com, is a bit prohibitive, but maybe that’s just me. After all, it’s bluetooth enabled and touted as the tool to coach you into healthier eating habits.

This fork is advertised as a “must-use” item for every kitchen. The fork will force you to eat slowly, because it will vibrate in your mouth if you eat too fast. The ideal amount of time between bites is 67 seconds. Think you can manage? Or should we wait until January to start our new diets?



My latest WIP, Seeking Faith, is an Inspirational Historical romance featuring an overweight heroine in Tudor England. She’s fearless, and, unfortunately, faithless due to terrible circumstances when the story begins. But one utensil Faith will not be using in Tudor England, I assure you, is a HAPIfork.

6 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // November 9, 2014 at 2:54 PM  

    I can't imagine paying that much money for a fork! But the concept might help to make the user more aware of how fast they shovel in the food. There is some science behind it and it would probably be helpful. I think for it to work for me it would need to add a little electric shock. LOL

    You WIP sounds great, can't wait to read it.

  2. Mary Ricksen // November 10, 2014 at 9:42 PM  

    LOL, can you believe it!

  3. debjulienne // November 13, 2014 at 10:58 AM  

    Okay Josie, I'm cracking up...my youngest son is the fastest eating person I know...it would blow up in his mouth...what a concept...but man it make me laugh!

  4. Josie // November 16, 2014 at 9:12 AM  

    Scarlet,
    The price of this fork is definitely expensive. Someone must be buying it, though. It would be interesting to read the reviews on Amazon.

  5. Josie // November 16, 2014 at 9:13 AM  

    Mary R.,
    Yes, seeing is believing. It's a good idea, but I couldn't help but smile when I posted it.

  6. Josie // November 16, 2014 at 9:13 AM  

    Deb,
    LOL! My husband and 2 sons are both fast eaters. This fork would be a definite reminder to slow down.