How much attention do you pay to your surroundings?

 I often move around, oblivious.

Watch where you walk!  You might miss a string of jewels Mother Nature made for you.

Are the jewels from rain or dew? That I can't tell you, but I can say I'd love a necklace or bracelet with the design you see waiting for one wrong move to erase.

 

Yes, I read signs EVERYWHERE!

  I spotted this sign on a restroom door. I wonder how many times the owners of the store have had customers complain about things they lost in a flush. (grin) I did lose car keys at a different store, and the only place I went was into the restroom. Seriously, I searched everywhere but couldn't find them! I suspect a kid found them and kept them or .....  Lost and Found didn't have them. No one gave them to the manager that day or the next. I had locked my car with the remote.

Have you lost things you'd have bet you couldn't have lost? Tell us about them!

Soon Haunted Tales of spirit lake will be available in print! Go download a copy if you haven't already done so! 

/http://www.amazon.com/Haunting-Tales-Spirit-Lake-Melba-ebook/dp/B00N3NVB0Y/

 

8 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // October 6, 2014 at 1:34 AM  

    Yes, that sign was really on the bathroom at one of our stops on the way home from St. Augustine. We had a ball and enjoyed signing our books at the book signing. Now we are counting down the days until Haunting Tales of Spirit Lake is available in paperback! Soon, real soon.

  2. Mary Marvella // October 6, 2014 at 7:21 PM  

    Yes, Scarlet, in only days! The road trip rocked and now Moonlight & Magnolias will be awesome!

  3. georgiana // October 7, 2014 at 9:36 AM  

    I love your description of the dew. It brought to mind so many ideas---you should use it in your next book.

  4. Mary Marvella // October 7, 2014 at 12:18 PM  

    Thanks, Georgiana! I can wax poetic when I try!

  5. Mary Ricksen // October 7, 2014 at 1:05 PM  

    Now this looks like a great read!
    I am the type to always pay attention to signs. My DH on the other hand...

  6. Mary Marvella // October 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM  

    Mary, I know what you mean! I read just about anything, including signs on restroom doors and labels everywhere.


    The anthology has some awesome stories!

  7. debjulienne // October 9, 2014 at 11:32 AM  

    My favorite sign was one I found in New York, don't walk on sidewalk...REALLY???

  8. Josie // October 12, 2014 at 9:03 AM  

    MM,
    I try to pay attention to my surroundings, but sometimes get engrossed in well...just thinking and daydreaming. Or, a terrible habit, looking at my cell phone for email messages.
    Best wishes on your upcoming release!