Writing is NOT for sissies, especially if writers promote. For the past week and more I planned a Facebook event that happened yesterday/ Sunday. Scarlet and I decided that offering a monthly venue for authors to promote would help us build our own name and provide a place to promote our own books. I am not an organizer or the person to direct traffic and I suck at chats, so it plumb wore me out!  http://www.Facebook.com/ARomanceCaper. Did you know that using an event page to comment means the transcript disappears after the event ends? Did you know that using a Facebook page for comments means the transcript remains live? Check out our page for each event! Did you know that people don't read directions and get lost? YEP!

Editing is not for Sissies!  Editing an anthology is time consuming! Scarlet/ Melba Moon, and another partner, Jackie Rod, and I edited Haunting Tales of Spirit Lake, a wonderful anthology and are editing a Christmas anthology now. What were we thinking? I remember! That we as part of Gilded Dragonfly Books could make a dreams come true for folks! Editing is a lot of work! I am also editing a YA book for a client.

I need to do something meant for sissies and another LONG nap!

4 comments

  1. Barbara Monajem // October 28, 2014 at 9:42 PM  

    Kudos to you, Mary. I would not want to try editing or organizing a promo event. I know they're both a lot of work, and I have no natural talent at either!!

  2. Mary Marvella // October 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM  

    Thanks, Barbara!
    Editing I love. Organizing made me wonder what I was thinking!

  3. Josie // November 2, 2014 at 8:57 AM  

    LOL! MM, you are certainly entitled to a long nap after all the work you're putting in with these projects. Promos and editing are very time-consuming.

  4. debjulienne // November 6, 2014 at 7:41 PM  

    I admire you guys for doing the events...no idea how you manage...I'm lucky if I can find my way to the bathroom in time.