I posted this on my blog yesterday, and my son's girlfriend said it scared her.  Well, the weird happenings at my new house scared me.  I was beginning to wonder if I'd gone crazy or if I believed in ghosts...



            It began three nights ago.   Since then, I have felt the shivery feeling of someone watching me, day and night.
            That first night, I was standing in the bathroom getting ready for bed.  There came a loud thunk like a body dropping in the attic.  That was the beginning of three days of being frightened of the dark, which I never was before.
The episodes occurred at night.   The second night, I was awakened by lights flashing in the living room.  I leapt from bed, ran into the room bordering my bedroom and skidded to a halt.  The hair at my nape prickled.  The lights in the entertainment unit were blinking on and off.   I knew there was a short in the system that required a new power box.  I fumbled behind the unit, unplugged the wrong box (the modem for my Uverse services) and finally found the right one.  I turned to go back to bed.
The tall metal sculpture, each branch like a tall flower, started ringing as the pieces quivered.  Another eerie shiver crawled over me.   My cat Spencer could possibly have skidded on the wooden floor and crashed into the sculpture but he sat several feet away, staring at the vibrating limbs.  The thing shook until I placed my hand on it to quiet the awful noise.  Totally creeped out, I returned to bed but slept fitfully, waking early with the unwanted feeling of being watched.
Last night after I came home from having Buffalo wings with friends at a bar, I was reluctant to come in the house.   I only moved into this house on September 9th, living here for a little over a month.  When I first moved in, I didn’t feel this way.  I loved my new house.  During washing my face and brushing my teeth, I kept glancing over my shoulder to see if anyone was behind me.   No one, of course.  Or at least no one in human form.
Exhausted from several sleepless nights, I fell into a deep sleep immediately.  Later in the night, I heard strains of music in the living room when there should have been only silence.  Frightened now, I stayed in bed, calling my cat when he began to meow like a soft cry.
Today, I drove about 50 miles round trip to Whole Foods to buy a white sage smudge stick.  Being part Cherokee, my first thought was white sage.  I saged the entire house, chanting, Leave, you are not welcome here.  I was going to say that I don’t feel shivery or watched, but as I typed it, the feeling came back.   We’ll see what tonight brings.  Peace I hope.
 

4 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // October 19, 2014 at 12:06 AM  

    Linda, sage is a good start. Salt is also good. Sprinkle it in all corners of each room. Repeat the chant and use the sage again. Keep us posted on how your night goes. Sorry you're having such problems in your new home.

  2. Josie // October 19, 2014 at 8:32 AM  

    Yikes, and eek! Hope the white sage worked. Please let us know.

  3. Mary Marvella // October 19, 2014 at 7:07 PM  

    Scarlet knows about spooks and spirits! Sorry the being is spoiling your new home. Maybe the spook wants a story?

  4. debjulienne // October 22, 2014 at 10:47 AM  

    Linda, I have goosebumps just reading that. Get a friend to come stay with you for the weekend and see what happens...maybe your ghost is afraid of you. Keep us updated...