If you know me, there is no bigger hero than John Wayne. I really appreciate his patriotism, his love of country, his courage to speak up.

For my part, to celebrate our country’s birthday, I’d like to share another video. This one is the John Wayne’s version of America, Why I Love Her. There is so much passion in the words he speaks.

Get the Kleenex ready, this one always makes me cry....and I defy you not to get choked up with you hear his voice.

I'm keeping this short and to the point...please, just give it a listen.

Have a happy and safe 4th of July.

Deb

5 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // July 2, 2014 at 1:37 PM  

    Great post, Deb. I also think a lot of John Wayne. My late uncle was much like him.

  2. debjulienne // July 2, 2014 at 2:50 PM  

    Beth, so what my dad...and my youngest son was named for him real life middle name.

  3. Mary Marvella // July 2, 2014 at 2:58 PM  

    The music gets to me! We need to be thankful for out freedoms!

  4. debjulienne // July 2, 2014 at 4:13 PM  

    Mary, I know I love that whole thing. I got to see him do it on stage once and I bawled like a baby.

  5. Scarlet Pumpernickel // July 4, 2014 at 1:59 AM  

    My very favorite hero. He was my first crush, before I even knew what it was I was feeling. I just knew that when I watched him on the movie screen it made me happy.