When it comes to the heroes in our stories we want them to be fun, lovable, exciting, charming, and above all capture our hearts.

I started writing Sex, Lies, and Beauty Aids back in 2000, my story didn’t click until I found my true hero for the part of Travis Wellington.

If you’ve seen the cover (above), my pinterest page about my books, or the trailer, you’ve seen Paul Walker is my chosen muse for the character of twins Trent/Travis Wellington. One of the deciding factors for choosing Paul wasn’t just that he’s handsome, oh and believe me he is, but it was discovering the personal side of the man beyond the movies.

I wanted an admirable man, not just a handsome one. I wanted my character to stand out as someone to look up to. In a time and age where Hollywood is spitting out movie stars with no real heart, soul, honor, and conviction…I spent months searching for the right man.

Paul Walker – Just look at that smile…how can you not fall for him?

















In addition to his movie endeavors, Paul founded Reach Out Worldwide whose mission statement reads: “REACH OUT Worldwide is a quick-response, mobile first aid organization aiding in rescue and recovery after major natural disasters around the globe.”

Their relief efforts have helped with Tornados in Illinois, Alabama, and Oklahoma City, the Colorado Flood, and Typhoons in Haiyan and the Philippines. It’s amazing to see such a humble man who cared so much, then gave even more of himself, not to mention how far reaching his efforts have gone.

But Paul’s story doesn’t end here.

In my opinion, Paul is not the only hero in the Walker family. Enter Cody Walker.



I’m using Cody’s official Facebook Bio here with his permission:

“I’m the youngest of the Walker siblings. I grew up in Southern California and graduated from La Canada High School in 2006. I then went on to Santa Barbara City College and eventually graduated from UCSB with a Bachelors in Cultural Anthropology. Immediately after graduating I earned my EMT certification from UCLA center of Prehospital Care and moved up to Oregon where I pursued schooling to become a Paramedic. For the last two and half years I worked on an ambulance as an EMT and then in June of 2013 I completed school and became a licensed Paramedic. At that time I continued with the ambulance and began working as a Paramedic.”

This in and of itself is a remarkable man. And again, the story doesn’t stop here.

In light of the loss of Paul Walker, who passed away on November 30, 2013, Cody made a life changing decision to make sure his brother’s legacy lived on. He packed his bags and moved back to California: “to give ROWW all I’ve got. I wanted to make Paul proud in life, and I want him to look down on ROWW now knowing that its future is bright. I look forward to working with the ROWW team and fulfilling the unmet need.”

Paul Walker will be truly missed, but his legacy lives on in his beloved brother, Cody. Way to go Cody, my new hero.

Please join me in supporting Paul Walker, Cody Walker, and Reach Out Worldwide and help make a difference. I will be donating half of the profits of my debut books: ‘Sex, Lies, and Beauty Aids’ and ‘Antics, Antidotes, and Angel’ to ROWW.

Bless you Paul and Cody!

Deb

12 comments

  1. Mary Ricksen // July 9, 2014 at 3:40 PM  

    Oh yeah, he's a cutie all right!
    Love the cover too!

  2. Barbara Monajem // July 9, 2014 at 6:44 PM  

    What an awesome story and a great cause.

  3. Scarlet Pumpernickel // July 9, 2014 at 9:26 PM  

    Deb, you are so right. Finding the right person to breathe life into the picture in your mind is so important. Until I find the right person to use as the face for the image in my mind, I find I can't really get to know the character.

  4. Beth Trissel // July 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM  

    This is a super and touching post.

  5. debjulienne // July 10, 2014 at 3:20 PM  

    Mary, I loved my cover...I felt very blessed for my debut cover to come out that way.

  6. debjulienne // July 10, 2014 at 3:21 PM  

    Barbara, I'm really impressed with both Walker's and the cause, hope I can make enough to help them out.

  7. debjulienne // July 10, 2014 at 3:21 PM  

    Scarlet, I know what you mean...I actually had to put the book away a few times because I just wasn't feeling it...then I found Paul and it clicked.

  8. debjulienne // July 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM  

    Beth, Thank you...and thanks for always being there for me...I'm truly blessed!

  9. Mary Marvella // July 10, 2014 at 9:39 PM  

    Deb, your post made me think! It's not all about outer beauty. But outer beauty helps!

  10. debjulienne // July 11, 2014 at 12:42 PM  

    MM, I love it when you find someone who's inner beauty is better than their outer beauty.

  11. Josie // July 13, 2014 at 9:35 AM  

    Beautiful, Deb.

  12. debjulienne // July 13, 2014 at 3:28 PM  

    Thanks Josie, both men are so admirable!