I did my first radio interview on Friday, March 28 with Bennet Pomerantz. Not only was it a blast, I received another 5 start review:

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny Beauty Aides, March 30, 2014
By Bennet Pomerantz "Bennet Pomerantz, AUDIOWORLD" (College Park, Maryland) - See all my reviews (VINE VOICE) ...

This review is from: Sex, Lies, and Beauty Aides (Kindle Edition)

I just had Deb Julienne as one of my guests on my ANYTHING GOES blog talk radio show on March 28, 2014--I told her on air, I want to read this book. From her recanting of what this book is, it seemed a light airy novel I could enjoy. Plus she and Lisa Alber were great guests that night, we all seem to have so much fun. You should check out the archive of the show on the blog talk site.

So after the show, Deb sent me an email copy of this book. Weird thing, as soon as she sent me the email copy, I read it. Something I don't usually do...even for authors I know.

Well my first judgment of the book, when she spoke about it on my radio show, was totally spot on. She delivered a romantic novel that made me laugh.

This novel is a nod to Shakespeare's A Comedy of Errors with lovers and twin brothers. It enchanted me. This novel was also funny as had one foot based in being in reality. It has humor, the comedy of the situation came out from his plotting. This is something you don't always get in a romantic novel.

The one amazing thing It did not try for in this book was the formula twin brother/sister crap that you see so much in sitcoms (ala Sister Sister, Patty Duke show, or the Disney Channel's new hit Liv and Maddie). Ms Julienne crafted a story I truly loved and that worked on so many levels.

The question now is, when is the sequel to this book coming out, Deb?

Bennet Pomerantz
AUDIOWORLD

Check out the interview.

Have a great day!

Deb

11 comments

  1. Barbara Monajem // April 2, 2014 at 3:25 PM  

    What fun to be interviewed! (I didn't listen -- the audio on my computer is out.) And isn't it fabulous to get such a great review...!

  2. debjulienne // April 2, 2014 at 4:14 PM  

    Barbara, it was a lot of fun. This is who you want to have interview you...playful, fun, excited for the author, and totally made me comfortable.

  3. Mary Marvella // April 2, 2014 at 6:27 PM  

    I'll listen as soon as I get home. I'm waiting on a student for a tutoring session.

  4. Mary Marvella // April 2, 2014 at 6:28 PM  

    I'll listen as soon as I get home. I'm waiting on a student for a tutoring session.

  5. Mary Ricksen // April 3, 2014 at 7:17 PM  

    Not a bit surprised about the nice comments she made. Gonna go listen now. Hope it's still there!

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // April 3, 2014 at 10:29 PM  

    congrats on the interview and the review! Well deserved praise!

  7. Beth Trissel // April 4, 2014 at 7:44 AM  

    Congrats on your first radio interview!

  8. debjulienne // April 4, 2014 at 12:22 PM  

    Thank you Scarlet, it was fun!

  9. debjulienne // April 4, 2014 at 12:22 PM  

    Thanks Beth, Bennet was the best!

  10. Josie // April 6, 2014 at 8:28 PM  

    So exciting! Radio interviews are difficult, at least I found this to be the case when I was interviewed regarding a piano concert several years ago. Going to go now to check it out.

  11. debjulienne // April 9, 2014 at 12:11 PM  

    Josie, I don't know what I expected, but he was very calm, made me feel at ease and I enjoyed it.