Dropping the Baton & Blog Hops

Posted by Mary Marvella | 2:27 PM | 10 comments »

OOOOOPS! I dropped the baton again. Maybe that's the reason I don't do baton blog hops often. This weekend I put Margo's Choice free on Amazon and today is the last free day. http://www.amazon.com/Margos-Choice-Mary-Marvella-ebook/dp/B008M0U8CU/.


Marilyn Baron, a long time member of Georgia Romance Writers, tapped me and I accepted the challenge to find others to follow me. Look for her awesome accomplishments at http://www.marilynbaron.com/.
 The lady has published books with The Wild Rose Press and Independently. Check out her mysteries!

Well, finding new victims was like looking for a virgin in Sodom and Gomorroh. Or was it a Godly man in either city? The memory fades. Check out Genesis,  Chapter 19 and read a story that will curl your hair and explain the origin of some of our sexual terms.
 
I already described my writing process on http://www.MaryMarvella.com earlier but the short version is that characters usually take up residence in my mind and bug me until I write their books. Or I ask myself a few "what if" questions and one usually gets me moving.

With Margo's Choice I asked what would a woman do if the man she had always loved but hated because he didn't claim their daughter planned to return to town. Why does she hate him? Because he left her to join the Marines and made sure his assignments wouldn't allow her to follow him.( I needed back story to explain how she felt now.) Why does she love him or fall for his charm when he returns for visits? Part of her wants him to make amends for not believing their second child was his, for leaving her and becoming distant when she needed him. She hasn't found a man she loved as deeply as she loved him.

The challenge was whether he could do anything, or even wanted to, to earn her forgiveness. Some critique partners wanted me to make it a romance, while others said they would NEVER understand or forgive her if she forgave him.

I'd say my stories must be different, since critique partners say I can't let my characters do the things they do.

I'm not tapping anyone, but feel free to jump in and even change the topic. 
Don't forget to grab a copy of Margo's Choice FREE!!!
PS. I have a topic in mind!

What would make you forgive him, and I don't mean an apology from him.

10 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // April 9, 2014 at 7:21 AM  

    Sorry I'm late to the party, Mary. I was gone all day with my young niece and her doctor's visit at the University of Virginia Hospital. This looks like one of your stellar books. I will pop over to Amazon.

  2. debjulienne // April 9, 2014 at 12:09 PM  

    This sounds like a good read, can't wait to see what you came up with...

  3. Mary Marvella // April 9, 2014 at 12:30 PM  

    Thanks, Beth! I was out and about and missed Joanne's deals.

  4. Mary Marvella // April 9, 2014 at 12:31 PM  

    Deb, I think you will be surprised.

  5. Autumn Jordon // April 9, 2014 at 2:21 PM  

    AWESOME!! Thank you for offering it to us. It sounds like a great read.

  6. Mary Marvella // April 9, 2014 at 6:21 PM  

    I hope you grabbed it, Autumn!

  7. Mary Ricksen // April 9, 2014 at 7:22 PM  

    Sorry I'm late, almost missed it!
    Great bunches of hugs!

  8. Barbara Monajem // April 9, 2014 at 8:44 PM  

    I guess everybody has her own idea of what's forgivable and what isn't. There are lots of romantic heroes that don't appeal to me at all, but they're someone else's yummy piece of cake. :0)

  9. Toni V.S. // April 10, 2014 at 10:50 AM  

    Even your blogs are intriguing, MM!

  10. Josie // April 13, 2014 at 9:08 AM  

    Well, you certainly have an interesting description. I'm headed to Amazon now.